Management Pack for Palo Alto Networks
The Blue Medora VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Palo Alto Networks is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance, health, and availability data from your Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls and providing predictive analytics and real-time monitoring information—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
The Management Pack for Palo Alto Networks provides the following notable features:
- 5 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Palo Alto Networks Health – Get a bird's-eye view into the health of—and impending threats to—your Palo Alto Networks devices
- Palo Alto Networks Deep Dive – Drill down and quickly troubleshoot your networking resources
- Palo Alto Networks High Availability – Gain visibility into the High Availability of your Firewalls
- 200+ collected metrics for Palo Alto Networks resources, including key metrics like Threats Since Last Collection, Session Utilization, and Connection Establish Rate
- Nearly 50 detailed alerts and notifications for events like raised threats, attacks occurred, and detected failovers
vRealize Calculated Session and Memory Capacities for Palo Alto Networks Firewalls – Keep tabs on whether your session count or used memory are approaching the maximum allotted
External Relationship to VMware virtual layer – See which VMs are hosting your Firewalls
Updated to support vRealize Operations 7.x and 8.x (does not support vRealize Operations 6.x)
|220.127.116.1180109.165035||February 16, 2018||Initial General Availability release|
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- Threat logs can only store the last 5000 threats. If more than 5000 threats occur in a collection cycle, the oldest threats will not generate.
- Due to a limitation in the Pan-OS API, VSYS and related objects that rely on context to a VSYS infrequently report metrics for the other VSYS.