Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server
The Blue Medora VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Microsoft SQL Server environment and providing predictive analytics and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
The Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server includes the following notable features:
- 7 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA Overview – Get a bird's-eye view into the overall health and performance of your SQL Server instance
- Microsoft SQL Server Database – Drill down into the performance details of your SQL databases, including index performance, database size break-down, disk capacity, status, and alerts
- Microsoft SQL Server Query Plan – Generate query plans to help troubleshoot slow queries
- Microsoft SQL Server VM Relationship – Gain visibility into the relationship between your virtual hosts and SQL Server instances, with the ability to view KPIs side-by-side
250+ collected metrics for Microsoft SQL Server resources
30+ detailed alerts and notifications for critical and warning conditions
Capacity definitions for connection limit, CPU demand, memory usage, and disk capacity
- External relationships from your VMware Virtual Machines to SQL Server Instance and Always On Availability Groups
|126.96.36.19990805.203052||This release adds jobs and steps, as well as alerts for job status.|
This release incorporates a number of bug fixes and optimizations, including:
|188.8.131.5280420.134020||May 18, 2018|
Performance fine-tuning release, including:
|184.108.40.20680315.205440||March 30, 2018|
|220.127.116.1171207.195659||January 12, 2018|
|6.2.10200014||March 15, 2017|
|6.2.10200011||December 9, 2016|
|6.0.10100032||September 30, 2016|
|6.0.10100024||October 27, 2015|
|6.0.10100018||July 3, 2015||Initial General Availability release for vRealize Operations 6.0|
- Currently the Management Pack does not support indexing metrics out of the box. In order to enable this, please see Configuring the Properties File (Microsoft SQL Server).
- The Retrieve Query Plan action (see: Generating a Query Plan) will fail for queries containing a scalar variable.
- Database names containing single quotes ( ' ) are not supported.
- The CPU Usage metric for Microsoft SQL Server Instances is not available on Microsoft SQL Server Standard or Express editions.