Management Pack for Microsoft Azure
The Blue Medora VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Microsoft Azure is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Azure Compute and SQL environments and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your cloud infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack queries the Azure REST API and opens an Azure JDBC connection (necessary for query-related metrics only) to obtain data regarding Azure resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 4 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Microsoft Azure Overview
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Analysis
- Microsoft Azure SQL Query Analysis
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Analysis
- 200+ collected metrics for Azure resources
- Key performance metrics such as average CPU usage, DTU consumption, concurrent workers, concurrent sessions, and in-memory OLTP storage
- 20+ detailed alerts and recommendations
- vRealize Calculated Storage, CPU, DTU, eDTU, and DWU capacity definitions for Microsoft Azure resources
|220.127.116.1191030.195558||This is the first release to support vROps 7.x and 8.x and exclude support for vROps 6.x|
This release incoporates a number of bug fixes and optimizations, including:
|18.104.22.16880807.133614||August 24, 2018|
|22.214.171.12480413.195032||April 20, 2018|
|6.3.10100016||September 19, 2017|
Updated the SSL certificate to include the Baltimore CyberTrust root certificate
|6.3.10100014||May 5, 2017|
Known Issues / Limitations
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- When using the Least-privileged user (or any custom user) to collect from any databases below the Premium pricing tier (i.e., Standard/Basic), certain properties, events, and metrics are not available. See: Metrics Available Only with Microsoft Azure Premium Pricing Tier.
- The Microsoft Azure REST API has limitations on metrics available for Azure VM resources. See: available VM-related Metrics (Microsoft Azure).