Creating an Adapter Instance (Kubernetes)
Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Kubernetes from the Solutions list on the right.
Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Click the Add Instance Name list on the left to create multiple adapter instances.icon above the
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack.
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack.
- Basic Settings:
- Host: Enter your Kubernetes hostname.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Kubernetes), or click the Add icon now to create one.
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector(s)/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
Port: The TCP port used for communication to the Kubernetes host.
Do not enter a port number here unless necessary to override the following TCP ports used by default: Non-SSL: 8080; SSL: 443.
Kubelet Port: The TCP port used for communication to the Kubernetes kubelet.
Do not enter a port number here unless necessary to override the following TCP ports used by default: Non-SSL: 10255; SSL:10250.
- SSL Configuration: Options are No Verify (default value; SSL enabled/certificate not verified), No SSL (SSL disabled), and Verify (SSL enabled/certificate verified). If you select Verify, see: Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Kubernetes)
- Connection Timeout: Enter the time (seconds) to allow for connecting to the target. Default value is 30 seconds.
- Collect Containers: Select whether or not you want containers collected. Default value is True.
- Collect Volumes: Select whether or not you want volumes collected. Default value is False.
- Collect from Kubelet API: Select whether you want to collect from the cAdvisor API used by the kubelets. Default value is True.
- Support Autodiscovery: When you enable autodiscovery (set to True; default setting), the Management Pack creates resources and relationships in vROps, then collects data for the discovered resources after the main collection query runs.
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. If you encounter any Test Connection errors, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Kubernetes).
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to Do Next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Kubernetes).