Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP
The Blue Medora VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance and capacity data from your F5 BIG-IP environment and providing predictive analytics and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
The Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP includes the following key features:
- Aggregated monitoring of BIG-IP to provide one-stop viewing of health and performance from dashboards, views, and alerts across the entire F5 BIG-IP environment
- Managed relationships to the VMware, Nutanix, and/or KVM virtual layers, which provide visibility into load-balanced applications and host health and performance, allowing for faster identification of root cause issues
- Visibility into F5 iApps® application service monitoring to provide calculated client and server side network performance
- Smart alerting for cluster failover, certificate expiration, and BIG-IP LTM component health and other concerns
- BIG-IP system planning through vRealize Operations Manager capacity definitions and projects around core metrics (CPU, Memory, Disk)
|184.108.40.20691024.210741||October 25, 2019|
Updated to support vRealize Operations 7.x and 8.x (does not support vRealize Operations 6.x)
|220.127.116.1190514.171431||July 10, 2019|
This release incorporates a number of bug fixes and optimizations, including:
|18.104.22.16880425.180106||April 27, 2018|
|22.214.171.12480110.191207||January 19, 2018||Added support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2|
|126.96.36.19971120.150243||December 8, 2017|
|6.2.10200002||November 25, 2016|
|6.0.10100019||September 27, 2016|
|6.0.10100017||January 14, 2016||Enhanced performance of data collection and tuning for handling large-scale F5 deployments|
|6.0.10100014||December 1, 2015||Update fix for licensing when running vCMP instances|
|6.0.10100013||September 30, 2015||Initial release for vRealize Operations 6.x|
Known Issues / Limitations
For this release of the Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP, the following Known Issues/Limitations exist:
- Monitoring is limited to BIG-IP Devices, Local Traffic Manager (LTM), and select Global Traffic Manager (GTM) resources.
- New users of the Management Pack may encounter issues with the F5 BIG-IP Health Investigation dashboard populating upon initial install. This is a pre-existing issue that occurs when the VM tag initially creates relationships to VMs. If you encounter this issue, we recommend waiting for the tag to populate, then re-starting your vROps system or re-installing the dashboard.