Management Pack for Cisco UCS
The Blue Medora VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Cisco UCS is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Cisco UCS systems and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack opens aconnection to Cisco UCS Central or Cisco UCS Manager to obtain data regarding UCS resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 5 comprehensive monitoring dashboards:
- Cisco UCS Overview
- Cisco UCS Health Investigation
- Cisco UCS Chassis Overview
- Cisco UCS Servers and Fabrics
- Cisco UCS Virtual Machines
- 1000+ collected metrics for Cisco UCS resources
- 200+ detailed alerts and recommendations imported from the Cisco UCS API
- Key performance metrics such as total sent/received throughput, memory usage, and ambient, memory unit, and processor unit temperature.
- Relationships to VMware Hypervisors hosted on Cisco UCS Blade or Rack Servers
- vRealize Calculated Slot capacity for Cisco UCS Chassis
This major release incorporates a number of bug fixes and optimizations from prior minor releases, notably:
|184.108.40.20680405.024250||April 12, 2018|
|6.3.10300032||September 21, 2017|
|6.3.10300030||July 12, 2017|
|6.2.10201001||March 31, 2017||Added support for disabling or collapsing resource kinds into their parent resource kinds Changed “UCS VM to Related UCS Server Details” dashboard name to “Virtual Machine to UCS Server”|
|6.2.10200001||January 31, 2017|
|6.0.10100011||September 23, 2016|
|6.0.10100007||April 14, 2016|
|2.0||February 2015||Initial Release|
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- Management Pack Dashboards assume that resources are not collapsed. If resources are collapsed, any widgets that reference the collapsed objects will not display data. See: Disabling or Collapsing Resources (Cisco UCS).