Management Pack for Apache Tomcat
The Blue Medora VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Apache Tomcat is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Apache Tomcat application server environment and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack opens a JMX service connection to obtain data regarding Tomcat resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 4 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Apache Tomcat Overview
- Apache Tomcat Environment Overview
- Apache Tomcat Server
- Apache Tomcat Virtual Machine Viewer
- 200+ collected metrics for Apache Tomcat resources
- Key performance metrics such as average response time, active connection count, wait count, percent in use, and active sessions
- Detailed alerts when symptoms arise for high servlet load time, datasource/session manager active sessions, cache hit count, and more
- vRealize Calculated Memory, Cache, Threading, and Session Manager capacity definitions for Apache Tomcat resources
|22.214.171.12491031.163219||November 1, 2019|
|6.3.10100007||June 7, 2017|
Known Issues / Limitations
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- In order to create external relationships to Virtual Machines, the VMs must have the same hostname as your host server. DNS aliasing is not supported.